Contact Partnership Advice Support or the MASH

​If you need support with reporting concerns for a child’s welfare, or you need advice about how to make an appropriate referral, please contact us using the details below.

The Partnership Advice Support Service

The Partnership Advice Support Service is for those working with children and families. We provide information, advice or guidance around:

  • Early Help Assessment
  • support to create a team around the family meeting (including finding out what other agencies may be involved with the child or family you are supporting)
  • access to services, interventions and training
Request early help advice

If we advise that early help is needed, you can use the Early Help Assessment process.

The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

The MASH can advise on whether a family needs early help or whether they meet the threshold for statutory child protection.

To make a referral to the MASH please use the multi-agency referral form.

Report a concern

If a child already has a social worker allocated

For open cases where the child already has an allocated social worker:

Telephone: 0300 126 7000

Designated Officer (formerly LADO) referrals

If you have concerns about an adult working with children or young people, please report your concern to our Designated Officer using the referral form below:

Make a referral

Out of hours

If you need to contact children's social care urgently during the evening, at night or at the weekend, phone our out of hours team on 01604 626938.

An operator will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to the duty social worker.

Write to us

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Child Protection Team
Children, Families and Education
Criminal Justice Centre
700 Pavilion Drive