How to report a safeguarding concern


If a child is in immediate danger, left alone or missing, you should contact the police and / or an ambulance using 999.

If there is no immediate danger, but you are concerned about a child's welfare, please report your concern to our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). This details how to report a concern if you're a child, parent, carer, or professional and what happens after.

Report a concern

​Information for professionals working with children

Get support for children you work with or are concerned about.

Area for professionals

​Help and protection information for parents and carers

See how we can support you and your family.

Area for parents and carers

Children's Trust Therapy Services

Therapeutic help and interventions to improve the well-being of children, young people, adults and families.

Visit Therapy Services

​Young Northants

You could be worried about someone you know or are worried about certain things for yourself. It could be abuse, whether physical or mental, advice on staying healthy, relationships, money or knowing your rights.