How to apply for training
Sign in to iLearn
If you have not used iLearn before you will need to create an account to access the online booking system and view the available face-to-face training.
Please follow the guidelines to get started.
How to create an account
- Sign in to iLearn.
- Create an account (you choose a username and password).
- Enter your details.
- Job title will be Foster Carer or Adoptive Parent.
- Enter contact telephone number.
- Select ‘Choose Organisation’.
- Select the plus symbol (+) next to ‘Northamptonshire Other’.
- Select the plus symbol (+) next to ‘Other’.
- Select ‘Northamptonshire Foster carers and Adopters’.
- Select ‘OK’.
- Select ‘Create my Account’.
This will then put you into an authorisation queue.
How to book onto training (once an account has been created)
- Log in using username and password.
- Select the tile ‘Northamptonshire Fostering & Adoption'.
- Scroll down and select the course you are interested in.
- Go to the end of the page and select ‘Continue’ for more information and to view dates.
- Choose a date and select ‘sign up’ next to date required.
- Tick the box to agree to terms and conditions.
- Managers Name will be the supervising social workers name.
- Manager Email Address will be the supervising social workers email address.
- Select ‘agree and submit’.
- If you're asked for a Cost Centre No., enter 0000.
You will receive a confirmation email instantly and then a reminder email 4 weeks prior to the training date booked.
How to cancel training
- Log in using your username and password.
- Select the tile ‘Northamptonshire Fostering & Adoption.
- Select the course title you wish to cancel.
- Scroll down.
- Select ‘Cancel Booking’.
- Select reason.
- Select ‘Yes’.
You will receive confirmation of your cancellation instantly. If you need to cancel within 15 days of the course date and are unable to cancel this yourself, you will have to email
How to sign up for e-learning
- Access e-learning training via AC Education.
- Go to the AC Education website.
- Sign in to your account.
If you do not have an account set up then speak with your supervising social worker, who can put in a request for you.
There is a cost attached to each e-learning course we allocate, for this reason we ask that e-learning training is completed within 1 month of it being allocated to you. Only one course can be requested at a time.
It is an expectation that an e-learning course will be completed by carers within three months of allocation.